Thread: Apple Raisin Squash
10-20-2011, 10:55 AM #1Not liking the cold weather!is
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
- Blog Entries
Apple Raisin Squash
When you want a festive side dish, try this flavorful creation. Apple, raisins and acorn squash celebrate the bounty of fall harvest.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 5 cups dry, whole wheat bread cubes
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 cup chopped, unpeeled, red cooking apple
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups ckicken broth or water
- 8 thin apple slices
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
1. Wash squash, cut off ends and cut each squash in half crosswise. Remove seeds and loose fibers. Place cut side down, in shallow baking pan.
2. Bake at 350°F about 45 minutes or until squash is starting to soften. Meanwhile, in medium fry pan, saute' celery and onions in margarine.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine bread cubes, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, salt and poultry seasoning. Add celery mixture, chopped apples and raisins, tossing gently. Stir in broth, mixing until evenly combined.
4. Cut each hot squash into 4 rings about 1 1/4-inches thick. Place back into shallow baking pan, in single layer. Fill each ring with about 1/2 cup stuffing. Cover pan with foil.
5. Bake at 350°F about 35 minutes or until squash is tender. Garnish stuffed squash with apple slices and sugar. Broil 3 minutes or until sugar bubbles or browns.
By petunia in forum Tearpads, Blinkies, Peelies, Wine Tags & Found in PackageReplies: 0Last Post: 07-22-2011, 03:45 PM
By petunia in forum Food PrintablesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-07-2011, 07:31 PM
By petunia in forum Food PrintablesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-07-2011, 07:30 PM
By KellyMarie in forum Soups and StewsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-20-2010, 07:08 AM
By wendy1214 in forum General Cooking/Baking TipsReplies: 24Last Post: 09-18-2010, 07:17 PM